The intensification of work to identify and systematize the places of origin and development of rocket and space activities of the USSR and Russia (science, technology, technology, management ...), memorable places associated with the life of the founders of rocket and space science and technology (RCNT) is an urgent component of the complex of issues of studying the history of the development of the rocket and space industry, preserving its heritage, popularizing knowledge and promoting achievements in the field of rocket and space science and technology.
We (the Federation of Cosmonautics of Russia, the Moscow State Institute of Tourism Industry named after Yu.A. Senkevich, the Union for the Development of Science Cities of Russia) have prepared a «Navigator for the space addresses of the Moscow region» . The Moscow region plays a leading role in the rocket and space development of the USSR and Russia. The means of launching space objects and these space objects themselves were created here. It was here in the early 30s that the Bureau for the Study of Jet Propulsion was created, in the system of the Society for the Promotion of Defense, Aviation and Chemical Construction (OSOAVIAKHIM). On the basis of this Bureau, the famous Group for the Study of Jet Propulsion, GIRD, was subsequently formed, the key figures of which were F.A. Tsander, S.P. Korolev, M.K. Tikhonravov, Yu.A. Pobedonostsev. Various aspects of the organization and activities of the GIRD and its numerous employees are considered in detail by A.P. Alexandrov in his fundamental work , However, the identification of materials about the places of life, the work of pioneers of the development, creation and testing of the first samples of rocket technology, description and systematization of the relevant address base is of no small importance.
We present some results of such targeted systematization of the first contacts and subsequent interaction of F.A. Tsander, S.P. Korolev, Yu.A. Pobedonostsev. It so happened that this happened «in the vicinity» of the Moscow Higher Technical School (MVTU), which in 1930 was divided into several schools, which received the corresponding «institute» names in the same year (MMMI, MAI, MEI, etc.). At the MVTU, Zander gave a lecture (report) attended by Pobedonostsev. S.P. Korolev «managed» to finish the MVTU, Yu.A. Pobedonostsev, having started his studies at MVTU, continued it at the Higher Aeromechanical School, and graduated from MAI. F.A. Tsander was preparing for teaching at the Aeromechanical Faculty of MVTU, and taught and conducted group work with students at the Higher Aeromechanical School and MAI. F.A. Zander conducted tests of his jet engine in the premises of the church of the TsAGI Propeller Engine Department, which was reconstructed as a laboratory for «air superchargers of aircraft engines (impellers)», located on the territory of TsAGI on Voznesenskaya Street (now Radio Street) . At the end of 1930, this department became one of the components of the Institute of Aviation Engine Building, in which F.A. Zander began to work. In the famous basement at the corner of Sadovaya-Spasskaya Street and Orlikov Lane, where the GIRD was located, in the twenties the design department of the Moscow Glider School was located, which was headed in 1925-1933 by V.M. Titov (MVTU) and whose cadet was S.P. Korolev, not only learning to fly, but also designing gliders. Yu.A. Pobedonostsev, who was studying at the Moscow State Technical University at that time, M.K., also attended the design department of the school. Tikhonravov and other future colleagues in GIRD .